“Wheels” is the working title of this 12″ x 12″ piece that I am putting together for the QSDS challenge for which I signed up a month ago. All challenge participants work from the same source photos, then their diverse interpretations will be assembled and viewed in a public show. It is the first time I’ve used two products: Lite Steam-A-Seam2 and Jacquard ExtravOrganza. I pieced a background from purchased print material and a solid-color green fabric on which I drew with marker. I ironed Steam-A-Seam on the back of another piece of solid-color fabric, drew the wheels and painted them with Golden acrylic paints. I cut out the wheels with scissors, removed the protective paper from the Steam-A-Seam and positioned the painted fabric+fusible on my pieced background. I liked the slightly tacky Steam-A-Seam that held the two layers together as I sewed them. I added batting and backing, then machine-quilted through all layers, tucking loose thread ends with a self-threading needle as I sewed. I’m completing the binding and label now. I printed the original source digital photo on the ExtravOrganza for the label, so it stays with the finished work. Here is the source photo and my work in progress.